Facts About Semen Taste – Do’s And Don’ts
People are still ignorant about many things regarding semen. Well, semen is the cloudy fluid that ejaculates. These wiggly creatures only account for 1% of the seminal fluid that helps them to reach the eggs.
Sperms are produced in the epididymis, which lies over the testes. They hang there for 2 ½ months till they mature. Sperms swim at 7 inches/hour nautical speed. They can even fly 3 feet high in the air during initial ejaculation blast of 30 mph. After ejaculation just 1 out of 5 sperm start to swim towards the chemical clues discharged by the egg that acts as a guide.
Composition of semen
Precise mixture of component is essential to support the sperms. Scientifically PH of seminal fluid is 7, which means it is neutral. Let’s look at its actual ingredients:
- 96% water
- Sperm 1% of ejaculated volume
- Vitamin C helps to keep the sperm healthy
- Fructose and fruit sugar nourishes it
- Sodium bi carbonate is an alkaline compound, which protects the sperm from the slight acid surrounding the vagina
- Several minerals like potassium, zinc, magnesium and phosphorus gives it an odd, metallic taste
- Different enzymes and proteins
Semen’s composition displays that what you consume will affect its taste either better or worse!
Men always feel that semen tastes sweet like honey, but according to Urologists it tastes salty or bitter. How to change the taste of semen is the main question? Here are ten simple tips for attaining better semen taste.
- Drink at least 1 to 2 litres of water every day to flush the toxins from your body.
- Eat plenty of fruits daily to sweeten the sperm taste. Mangoes, pineapple, grapes, apples, papaya, etc. are good choices of fruits that have high percentage of sweetness that offsets the bitterness.
- Consume lots of vegetables regularly
- Wheatgrass, celery and parsley are specially suggested
- Cardamom, lemon, cinnamon and peppermint can do wonders
- Cut out pollutants like caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes, drugs and nicotine
- Avoid vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage or asparagus
- Avert from strong smelling onions and garlic
- Stay away from junk foods and drinks loaded with preservatives and chemicals that pollute the body
- Medications can also affect the smell and tang
Changing your diet and lifestyle will certainly change your sperm taste and still if it doesn’t then consider consulting a doctor. Actually 96% of semen is just water, which is not harmful to swallow. It is also non-fattening and one teaspoonful has approximately 20 calories/ejaculation. So, weight watchers can relax.
Remember what you eat takes 12 to 24 hours to discharge. Therefore, when you decide to attain better sperm taste then monitor your intake.